Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My day today....

I know it has been a while since I posted, but today was one of those days that should be written about. This is basically going to be a rundown list so bear with me. So for the first time since I started med school, I overslept by a lot. I didn't wake up until 7:24 and I have to be to class by 8. By taking a super quick shower, barely drying my hair and walking very fast to school, I managed to make it to my seat by 7:55. We just took our final for our first system (this is where we actually get into learning clinical stuff rather than just basic sciences). I missed a B by 0.7 points for the class despite a massive amount of effort of my part that seemed to be interrupted by the fact that I had a major adjustment to my braces the day before, accompanied by massive pain.

The morning was compacted by 4 hours of basic lists of memorization for our newest system (Neuroscience). I don't mind Neuroscience because the brain and its functioning and yes, even the things that go wrong with, fascinate me and I have contemplated the psychiatry route (though this is more neurology than psychiatry, but nonetheless). It's simply the fact that I would like to possibly pull off an A in this system. It's probably a long shot, but I'm tired of being mediocre and would like to be excellent at one thing, at least.

So then lunch time. I made myself and Jon sandwiches and soup for our lunch. When grabbing my bowl of soup from the microwave, I managed to slosh it all over my hand and the stove underneath the microwave (this is the second burn I've had in the past week due to my idiocy).

When I went back to school for our neuroanatomy lab, I ended up having to work with someone who I can't stand, which only frustrated me more. Then I was called upon for a quiz. I was so frustrated plus the nervousness of being called upon one on one with a professor, made me forget what I was doing. I only managed to get a good grade because the professor helped me out.

For probably the worst part of my day, Jon had to leave. I know this seems silly, but ever since we have been back together, when one of us has to return to our respective towns, it has been extremely hard on both of us. We managed to be able to spend this weekend together without me having the pressure to study so we were able to do what we wanted. It was great and then it had to end. It literally feels like I am being torn apart when he leaves (I know, cliche) but true.

So that was my day...

No comments: