Monday, January 12, 2009

The goings on...

My second semester of med school has officially started. While I wasn't unhappy to come back but I wasn't exactly ecstatic either. I had to take my anatomy remediation exams, which while didn't go great, I passed. I don't think I am ever going to be a surgeon. Not that it was ever really in the plans but hey, it's nice to have options. So that part was good. However, on the Saturday before the semester started, Jon's grandfather died and most of the day was spent with him and his family, with everyone trying to hold it all together. So Wednesday night was the viewing and the beginning of the blizzard. I wasn't go to miss the viewing as I wasn't able to get the day off from classes, so I drove through extremely bad weather on really bad roads to get there. As the night progressed and I looked outside I realized I wasn't get back to Erie and ended up having to stay at my parent's house. I got up at 5:30 in an attempt to maybe make it in time for my first class but it took me a while to get my car uncovered and I had a bit of trouble getting out of the driveway. Then a drive that usually only takes me an hour or so, took me 2 hours. I have to say, it was slightly boring only going 30 on a road that I normally go 70.

But anyway, I'm working on getting caught up from my fun-filled adventures. Plus getting things done that I should have done over my break, but just didn't want to .

I have to say, I've been feeling rather lonely lately. I haven't seen Jon well since the viewing on Wednesday, but that's not exactly quality time and I'm used to seeing him at least once a week now that he's been back. We also have decided that yes, we are officially together again, which is nice. I don't study in the library anymore because I've found that it's too distracting. I tried to sit there today during a long break, couldn't take the whispering, and left. I'm okay with talking in the library if you have quick question or something, but people seem to feel the need to carry on conversations about the meaning of life while everyone else is trying to study. So I study at home, which isn't exactly productive, but I don't know where else to go. So while studying at home, I don't really see anyone, including my LECOM friends and it seems I've sunk back into the old tradition of being by myself most of the time. Even if I'm sitting in a crowded lecture hall, I still feel lonely. It's sad really.

But anyway, enough of a pity party. So far this year, I have managed to quit drinking soda (2 whole days), eating better (1 whole day), and I took my gym clothes to school so that I could go workout but upon hearing several other people (several very skinny, very athletic people) say they were going to the gym, I decided against that. I might try to make the trip over later this evening or I might just try some yoga or pilates here. We'll see how that works out. But the point is, I'm working on losing that last 15 pounds to get my dad off the chewing tobacco and I have all of these gift cards from Christmas but don't want to use them on "fat" clothes. That is my motivation.

No comments: